The construction trade is booming! We are in need of a talented and experienced Construction Accountant to handle the full-spectrum accounting function for our small residential construction firm. We would love someone who has already gone through a computer conversion as we are shifting from American Contractor to something new – maybe Viewpoint? We’re still deciding. Practical, hands-on knowledge is more important to us than theory. Experience is more important than a degree. We are seeking someone wanting a long-term career with growth potential. As soon as you convert from temporary to permanent, you will receive a bump in pay plus benefits!
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- 5+ years of solid construction office accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of debits and credits
- Solid general accounting skills with knowledge of GAAP
- Computer proficiency with Excel is a must including Pivot Tables
- Knowledge of Construction Accounting SW is necessary – American Contractor is preferred
- Previous experience with an accounting system conversion
- Strong mathematical reasoning and quantitative skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Professional demeanor with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Detail oriented, self-motivated
- Reliability is an absolute must
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is a plus, but only in addition to hands-on construction accounting experience
As a Construction Accountant, you’ll be responsible full-spectrum accounting including:
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- General ledger, reconciliations and journal entries
- Payroll and Commission Calculation
- Preparation of related management reports
- Communicating routinely with CFO and Project Managers regarding bonding, insurance, contract agreements and the like
- Analyzing job cost estimates
- Preparation of month-end, budget, cash flow, compliance and financial reports
- Routinely interact with management, contractors, sub-contractors, vendors and customers
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!