A Silverdale contracting company needs a Construction Accountant who thrives on variety and who is willing to jump into other roles as needed outside of accounting duties.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- 2+ years of construction accounting experience
- An Associate’s Degree in a related field
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures
- Proficient in construction accounting software (Preferably Sage 300)
- Proficient in Quickbooks
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Team Player mentality; willing to help and support other staff members
- The ability to support and work closely with the president of the company
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
As a Construction Accountant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Weekly Payroll Processing
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Monthly General Ledger Account Reconciliations
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- General Excise Tax Filing
- Job WIP Spreadsheets
- Other Office Duties
- Part-Time Record Keeping and Accounting with Quickbooks for a limited partnership that owns, rents and oversees three office buildings
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!