A Poulsbo manufacturing company is looking for an experienced CDL Truck Driver/Loader to load and transport finished goods from the manufacturing plant to retail and distribution centers. The ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis is a requirement for this position.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations and a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, etc.)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Trucking school diploma and a valid Class A truck driving license
As a CDL Truck Driver, you’ll be responsible for:
- Wrapping and packing product for shipment
- Loading product, driving, and delivering furniture
- Moving commercial trucks in and out of loading docks
- Collecting and verifying delivery instructions
- Reporting defects, accidents or violations
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely performs the duties of this job exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required to lift up to 50 pounds regularly. The vision requirements include the ability to adjust focus, depth perception, peripheral vision, distance vision and close vision.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!