A Catering and Sales Coordinator is needed to support a boutique hotel in Jefferson county. Searching for a multi-talented person with strong sales and service skills.
To qualify for this job, you must have:
- College or hospitality training preferred with emphasis on critical thinking, guest services, and business acumen
- One or more years of customer service and administrative experience required
- A general knowledge of the hotel and/or food & beverage business desired
- Candidate must demonstrate good grammar, excellent spelling skills
- General office experience, PC, and data entry skills (50-70 WPM) with MS Office
- Excel knowledge, and it is a plus if knowledgeable in MAESTRO and/or MICROS
- Proven integrity and trustworthiness
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work as a team player with staff and managers and also work independently
As a Catering and Sales Coordinator, your duties will include:
- Actively selling day functions and handling all associated paperwork
- Finalizing banquet billing and managing client folders
- Distributing group resumes and BEOs
- Planning and executing routine Day Functions
- Monitoring group sales emails, screen sales calls, and maintain and follow up sales contact lists
- Preparing post event surveys for distribution
- Working on cold call plans and sales blitz activity as needed
- Working with Executive Chef on special events planning and execution
- Updating TripAdvisor deals/announcement and offer guest response commentary
- Monitoring flyer racks and other collateral to local Chambers, etc. Keep current.
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!