Do you have general carpentry experience? If you do then a local general contractor is looking for you. Now in search of responsible, experienced carpenters for long-term projects. Are you interested in being a part of a company that believes that quality is not an accident?
To qualify for this position, you MUST have:
- 2-5 years of carpentry experience
- Basic math skills, measuring skills, and analytical skills to do material estimates and perform carpentry tasks
- Ability to understand processes and directions, and ask questions when uncertain
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs and climb, reach, bend, and stoop as the job requires
- The ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Vocational training or job-related course work including general carpentry mathematic principles and application is preferred.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Interpreting blueprints and construction drawings
- Exterior structural building construction
- Renovating structures and interiors
- Installing and repairing doors, windows, and locks
- Finishing carpentry work through sanding, painting, and varnishing
- Installing and repairing linoleum, floor tiles, and carpet
- Building and repairing auxiliary equipment such as fencing, signs, ramps, gates, guttering, etc.
- Operating and servicing saws, planes, drills, jointers and hand tools
- Providing assistance in other skilled trades areas
Physical Requirements and Environment: Carpenters do physically demanding work. Some work at great heights or outdoors in all weather conditions; others may be required to work in tight spaces. They must use earplugs around loud equipment and wear gloves, safety glasses, and other protective gear.
General requirements include: performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com