A Bremerton healthcare facility is seeking a Facilities Mechanic
with commercial, institutional or residential building/facilities maintenance experience. The ideal candidate is a stickler for detail and doing the job right! You will monitor and inspect the building premises and equipment regularly, perform preventive maintenance, handle repairs, diagnose issues and correct them, schedule and oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary, and interact kindly and professionally with staff, patrons and patients and visitors to the facility.
This position might be for you if you have:
- A HS Diploma or GED, or equivalent
- Experience in HVAC, heat pump maintenance, refrigeration and general building maintenance in a commercial or institutional setting required
- General knowledge in all building trades a must with hands-on experience in refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, carpentry and landscaping preferred
- Vocational training (especially certifications) in AC/Refrigeration and mechanical equipment preferred
- The ability to express oneself well in both oral and written communications
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle report and reliable, insured transportation
- The ability to pass a background check
- The ability to demonstrate physical strength and agility to perform the work in a safe manner
- The ability to take the initiative to resolve problems and capitalize on opportunities
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here .
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!