A Kitsap county non-profit municipal branch office needs a Benefits Coordinator, preferring someone with experience in public sector benefits, public retirement programs, and
knowledge of ACA.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- 3+ years experience
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local payroll rules and regulations, Washington Public and Employees Retirement System provisions
- Knowledge of current employment laws related to benefits including, but not limited to FMLA, ADA, COBRA and HIPAA and general accounting principles
- Working knowledge of applicable benefits coordination and human resources principles and practices
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, perform required data entry proficiently and utilize computer software and specialized programs
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment and maintain a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships and work effectively and collaboratively with staff
- Ability to address sensitive and personal issues with tact, diplomacy and confidentially
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
As a Benefits Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting in the management of the Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) program
- Coordinating the annual open enrollment process
- Reconciling health benefit deductions and contributions against vendor invoices
- Creating formal and informal employee communications related to benefits programs
- Assisting in organizational compliance, research and recommendations regarding benefit plans and programs
- Answering benefits inquiries from managers and employees; inform employees of changes in benefits options and programs and provide clarification and interpretation of policies related to benefits
- Preparing and processing benefits reports and other mandated documents as required by law
- Preparing, monitoring and maintaining benefits records, reports, files and forms and ensure records are retained as required by law
- Reviewing and evaluating benefits functions, processes and procedures
- Providing back-up to payroll personnel and related duties as appropriate
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!