A Kitsap government contractor is seeking level III-IV Aluminum Welders. The Welder III-IV uses welding and other tools and equipment to join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal to build boats. This position is responsible for the daily coordination of assigned area. In addition, this position will be responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, ensuring standard work is being performed, and identifying and resolving quality issues. Will work under supervision but should be able to perform some basic tasks independently.
This position might be a fit for you if you:
- Have at least 5 years’ aluminum welding experience (GMAW (MIG) preferred)
- Are able to read and understand blueprints and weld symbols
- Possess intermediate skills in welding, fabrication, and fitting
- Have an understanding of standard build practices in comparable manufacturing environments
- Are able to effectively demonstrate shop skills/tasks
- Are able to manage your time well and follow directions and procedures under supervision
- Have good basic math skills
- Have excellent reading comprehension and critical thinking skills
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, and grind component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Remove rough spots from work pieces using portable grinders
- Chip or grind off excess weld or spatter using hand scrapers or power chippers and portable grinders
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas metal arc & plasma arc
- Position and secure work pieces using hoists, cranes, wire, and banding machines or hand tools
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material
- May set up and/or verify settings on production machines and equipment
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!