We are seeking very qualified, “finished” aluminum MIG Production welders for two, part-time openings at a plant in the Tacoma area. Our client builds semi-custom boats for upscale clientele, manufactured to handle extreme demands, requiring unmatched structures that are thoroughly welded inside and out. Qualified candidates will possess the ability to perform quality, meticulous aluminum welds on boats and trailers. We need individuals who take pride in their work, with high personal standards and an eye for detail. Messy work is not an option! Candidates will be tested for knowledge and ability.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- An AWS certificate with 2 years minimum post certification experience performing recent and relevant experience in aluminum welding
- Ability to supply a photograph of their aluminum weld at time of interview and also pass company testing to confirm skills
- Pride in your work, possess an eye for detail, an outstanding work ethic, and a high drive for perfection
- Reliability and trustworthiness as a self starter who is capable of journeyman level finish welding
We will consider non-certified candidates with equivalent education and relevant experience, and experience in a marine vessel welding is highly preferred
As an Aluminum MIG Production Welder, you’ll be responsible for:
- Meeting or exceeding quality and safety standards
- Performing premium, extensive aluminum welding on “build to suit” vessels
- Creation of foundations and structures such as self-bailing decks, hand-rails, strakes, cabin structure, transducer and zink brackets, and custom details and additions
- Operating safety equipment as needed
- Organizing workspace before and after job to maintaining a safe work site
- Other tasks as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a manufacturing environment. The candidate must have own their own work appropriate clothes including hood, boots, gloves, etc. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly requires extensive standing and walking, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, grasping, maintaining positions in order to place welds, must have excellent physical agility and stamina, visual acuity, aural acuity, strong grip and ability to lift/manipulate 50 – 75 lbs or more assisted.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!