A North Kitsap municipal fire district has an immediate need for skilled Administrative Services Manager/Board Secretary experienced working in the public sector to take on the daily operation of the District’s front office and administrative support functions. The Administrative Services Manager/Board Secretary will work independently, maintaining confidentiality in dealing with highly sensitive matters, including participation in legal consultations and labor negotiations. This position is responsible for providing executive level administrative support to the Board of Commissioners and Chief Officers, which includes the development of technical documents and presentations, and handling Human Resources functions including compliance and administration of health and retirement benefits.
You might be a fit for the Administrative Services Manager/Board Secretary if you have:
- A Bachelor or Associate degree (preferred) with three years of experience as a public sector office manager or executive assistant OR 5+ years as a public sector office manager or executive assistant
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products and electronic records management systems
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to be bonded and insured
- A valid Washington State driver’s license or acquire one within 60 days of hire
- Knowledge of and/or experience with labor relations and best practices in a public sector and/or union environment
- Knowledge of or experience with monitoring of compliance around federal, state, and local personnel laws, policies, and benefit management
- Certification in Human Resources Management, PHR or like-certification preferred
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!