A government contractor located in Bremerton is seeking a skilled Accounting Technician, preferably with government billing experience to perform duties associated with contracts management and oversight including accounts receivable tracking and accounts payable including but not limited to preparing invoices for submission to government agencies, submitting monthly project invoices, posting payments, weekly check runs, setting up and maintaining contract and subcontractor information and entering into DSL and recording accurate information into logs and accounting systems. A great attitude, attention to detail, accountability and reliability are the perfect attributes!
The Accounting Technician might be a fit for you if you have….
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is preferred, plus a minimum of 2+ years of solid accounting experience in a government environment, or equivalent amount of relevant education and experience.
- Some level of government billing experience (preferred)
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (a HUGE plus) or other large accounting software
- An organized, collaborative, work ethic, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A great attitude and are open to learn and take direction
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!