A local Silverdale contractor is seeking an Accounting Payroll Technician who will perform a variety of accounting duties in a timely and accurate manner. Primary responsibility will be for the review and posting of the Payroll in accordance with State and Federal laws as well as Contract, CBA and Corporate requirements.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- Associates degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- 3 years’ payroll experience with an automated accounting system.
- Familiarity with Davis-Bacon and Service Contract Act and Union Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Experience with a variety of software to include Microsoft MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- High degree of interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficient in using general office equipment to include printers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Ten-key by touch
Payroll experience obtained working in a job cost environment and experience with Lawson software is preferred.
As an Accounting Payroll Technician you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining the payroll systems, including controls to ensure that the payroll system reflects complete items including new hires, terminations, pay rate changes, and payroll deductions
- Ensuring that disbursements of company funds are for valid services performed
- Ensuring payroll calculations are based on authorized and accurate transactions.
- Preparing payroll deductions and benefits, and that benefits records are adequately identifiable in the general ledger and timely and accurate
- Preparing weekly and biweekly payrolls and related weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Processing other payrolls and related weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required
- Timely, accurate, cost-effective performance of duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!