A local utility office is seeking an Accounting Clerk temp to perform routine accounting clerical operations such as examining, verifying, and correcting accounting transactions and coding documentation. This position has a potential for temp to hire opportunity for the right person.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- Associate degree or certificate in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting being an added advantage
- At least 4 years of combined experience in Accounts payable, accounting data entry, analysis, and reconciliations
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Word, and a working knowledge of Hyperion and operational budgets
- At least intermediate Excel knowledge (basic formulas including Pivot tables, data grouping, finance formulas, etc.)
- Working knowledge of People Soft for AP, journal entries, reconciliation software such as Blackline, and Envision is highly recommended
- Must be available to work extended hours as required
- Washington State Driver’s License
As an Accounting Clerk Temp, you’ll be responsible for:
- Gather all material costs and calculate markup
- Post invoice payments and monitor account aging on the PeopleSoft AR module
- Audit time sheets to capture billable hours for non-regulated activities
- Process AP invoices in PeopleSoft in a timely manner
- Provide account coding to all incoming invoices
- Route invoices for approval, track expenses, and process expense reports
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports and assist with month-end closing
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!