A local government contractor is seeking a Temporary Accounting Clerk for a 6 month assignment to perform a variety of accounting duties, primarily with responsibility for the timely and accurate preparation of Accounts Payable in accordance with Contract and Corporate requirements.
- 2 years of general accounting experience OR 1 year of general accounting experience and 1 year of general office experience providing support to a procurement department
- Accounts payable experience with an automated accounting system
- Skill in the use of MS Word and Excel at the intermediate or higher level
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A high degree of interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficient in using general office equipment to include printers, scanners, and fax machines
- Ten-key by touch
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record pertinent to the position
- A U.S. Citizenship
As an Accounting Clerk and Payroll Tech, you’ll be responsible for:
- Timely, accurate, cost-effective performance of duties
- Maintaining assigned work schedule
- Working closely and harmoniously with fellow workers
- Maintaining complete confidentiality of all finance related matters
- Adhering to all safety and environmental requirements
- Ensuring that the payroll system reflects complete and authorized data, including new hires, terminations, pay rate changes, and payroll deductions
- Ensuring that disbursements of company funds are for valid services performed
- Ensuring payroll calculations are based on authorized and accurate transactions
- Performing other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job involves approximately 75% sitting, 25% moving. Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!