A Pierce County lumber wholesale distribution company is seeking an Accounting/Billing Clerk to join their small team of eight employees. This is a tight-knit team that works closely together to deliver top notch customer service. To be successful in this role, people skills and communication are key! 3+ years of clerical accounting experience is desired and knowledge of the wholesale lumber/construction industry is a plus! If you also have some knowledge of HR, that would be the icing on the cake! This is a direct hire position offering an awesome compensation package including full medical and dental benefits, 401K, PTO, etc!
The company uses proprietary software called Woodpro. If you have it, super! But if you have previous accounting software experience, you can certainly learn this! Strong accounts receivable, B&O taxes, journal entries, general ledger and soft collections experience required! Must be personable and willing to answer phones when office gets busy!
Accounting/Billing Clerk Responsibilities:
- Financial reporting, including preparation, reconciliation, and distribution of monthly financial statements
- Daily bank reconciliations and deposits, collections of A/R accounts, process lien waivers and send preliminary notices on new projects
- Maintain general ledger including accounting adjustments, working directly with senior accountant and CPA
- File monthly excise B&O reports
- Manage and approve all customer credit account applications and assign credit terms
- Assist with customer billing and order processing, working closely with sales staff on quotes and project management
- Provide recommendations on financing, banking, and other key financial issues based on analysis and status of reserves, assets, and expenditures; assist with analyzing cash needs and A/R concerns or exposures
- Assist with human resource functions including payroll/timeclock management, employee recruiting/hiring, benefits enrollments, file document management, and L&I safety coordination
This position might be a fit if you have:
- Minimum of AA in Accounting or Bookkeeping (Bachelor’s Preferred)
- At least 3 years of accounting experience including payroll processing
- 1 year of experience performing general accounting functions in a construction or lumber environment
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Excel and QuickBooks
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new programs and processes with ease
- Some experience with HR functions would be helpful
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- A great attitude and strong work ethic
EEO & COVID-19 Workplace Safety Statement:
We value what you bring to the workplace. As such, West Sound Workforce is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, our employees’ physical safety is of utmost importance, too, in this age of COVID-19. Holding a close eye to the Center for Disease Control and OSHA’s websites, we are continually following the recommendations to maintain a safe work environment with respect to this virus and all other safety situations. As an essential employer, partnering with clients, we follow COVID-19 protocols at our worksites and ensure that all employees are aware, have proper PPE and mind those directions for the safety of all.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region. To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!