A well-established, industrial manufacturing company in Tacoma is seeking an experienced Accounting Assistant with a strong understanding of accounting practices and principles to provide full-spectrum assistance with accounts receivable, payable and payroll, as well as become proficient with the company’s fully integrated ERP accounting system. This company offers an excellent compensation package includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, life, vacation and sick leave.
To qualify for this position you MUST have:
- Associates Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years experience in accounting with AR and AP
- Experience with a fully integrated ERP accounting system
- Working knowledge of MS Office specifically advanced Excel
A manufacturing background or experience with PO’s and inventory would be helpful
As an Accounting Assistant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Assist with AR/AP, invoicing, customer account management and collections
- Maintain contract progress payment reports and assist with cash receipts planning
- Participate in sub-ledger data entry and coding of AP invoices, AR invoices, and cash receipts and filing
- Assist with general ledger reconciliations
- Serve as a back-up for payroll processing
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned in an effort to accomplish the organization’s mission
Physical Requirements and Environment: Office environment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. May occasionally be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position.
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.
West Sound Workforce is an Equal Opportunity Employer! To see what other great opportunities are available, please visit our website at https://www.westsoundworkforce.com and “Like” our Facebook page for ongoing updates!