Kitsap County utility company is seeking an Accounting/Office Assistant to perform a broad range of general office and accounting support duties for the finance department and district management.
Daily duties will include account reconciliation, payables and receivables, billing, cash handling, journal entries, payroll support, and customer service. Provides backup at the front desk answering phones, taking payments, retrieving billing data and interacting directly with the public for 1 hour daily. A keen eye for detail, the ability to multitask and switch gears quickly, and a great customer service mindset are the qualities of our perfect candidate!
- 2+ years of accounting experience or equivalent education, training and experience as an accounting assistant.
- 2+ years of reception and general office experience.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel
- Accurate typing (45+ wpm), data entry, and 10-Key
- Understanding of debits and credits
- Ability to work with customers to identify problems and reach equitable solutions with the framework of district policies
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Warm, personable, and easy going person
- High school diploma or GED
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
West Sound Workforce is the premier staffing service for the West Puget Sound. With our strategic job placements, employee benefits package, and services that are free to every applicant, West Sound Workforce is your best resource for finding the perfect position. To apply directly for this position or to be considered for other opportunities, please Apply Here .
West Sound Workforce has established relationships with top local businesses, ensuring that we offer the best temporary, direct-hire, and temp-to-hire positions in the region.