Employer Timecard Instructions
West Sound Workforce uses an online timecard system through our Portal.
Attention new users:
You will receive an email from West Sound Workforce with your Portal Login information. This message will contain your username and temporary password.
If you have not received your Portal Login email yet, please contact us at 253-853-3633 or 360-394-1882.
When you log into the timecard portal for the first time, you will be prompted to create a new password and two security questions.
How to log into the Employer Portal:
You have three options:
- Go to westsoundworkforce.com and click the Portal Login link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Click the link provided with your login credentials
- Click this Portal Login link
Receiving online timecards:
We pay on a weekly basis. To ensure that we can process payroll on time, please approve all timecards by 5:00 p.m. on Mondays.
Employees submit their timecards by 5:00 p.m. on Sundays.
It’s EXTREMELY important that you make sure an employee’s hours are correct before you approve their timecard.
Once a timecard has been approved, it is immediately processed by our payroll system. This means we can’t change anything after you approve a time card.
To approve timecards:
- Log into the Portal
- Click the Time Entry icon at the top of the page
- Click the Summary link to the left of the page
- Choose the appropriate Week End Date
- Click the employee’s hyperlinked name to view their timecard
- Click Approve if the reported hours are accurate
- If you have multiple employees, click the Summary button again to view the rest of the timecards to be approved, or click the arrow to page through the timecards in alphabetical order
If hours on a timecard is incorrect, or they did not enter their break, reject the timecard.
NEVER change the information on a timecard:
- Please use the Reject option when you catch a discrepancy.
It is illegal to change the time on an employee’s timecard without their knowledge.
To reject timecards:
If you see a discrepancy in an employee’s timecard data, you must reject the timecard.
- Click the Reject button beneath the timecard
- After clicking Reject, you will see a dialogue box that requires you to explain your reasons for rejecting the timecard. Please provide us with as much detail here as possible.
Employees will not see what you write when you reject a time card. That information is only visible to our payroll department. We need it in order to help the employee submit a corrected timecard.
What happens when you reject a timecard:
- Our payroll department receives your feedback
- We contact the employee to let them know why the timecard has been rejected and explain how to resubmit the timecard with the corrected hours
- The employee submits a corrected timecard and our payroll department will ask you to log into the portal to review the corrections and, if appropriate, approve the timecard