Employer Time Card Instructions
West Sound Workforce uses an online time card system, which we often call a portal.
Attention new users:
You will receive an email from West Sound Workforce with your Portal Login information. This message will contain your username and temporary password.
If you have not received your Portal Login email yet, please contact us at 253-853-3633 or 360-394-1882.
When you log into the time card portal for the first time, you will be prompted to create a new password and two security questions.
How to log into the time card portal:
You have three options:
- Go to westsoundworkforce.com and click the Portal Login link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Click the login link provided in the email notifications you receive when a time card has been submitted
- Click this Portal Login link
Receiving online time cards:
To ensure we can process payroll on time, please approve all time cards by 5:00 pm on Mondays.
Employees submit their time cards by 5:00 pm on Sundays.
Reviewing time cards:
It’s EXTREMELY important that you make sure an employee’s hours are correct before you approve their time card.
Once a time card has been approved, it is immediately processed by our payroll system. This means we can’t change anything after you approve a time card.
To approve time cards:
- Log into the portal
- Click the Time Entry icon at the top of the page
- Click the Time Card Approval link
- Click the checkbox to approve selected time cards
- Click Approve Selected to submit the time card for payroll processing
You may also click Select All to approve multiple time cards at once. We strongly advise you not to do this, unless you are certain you have viewed all of the data for each card and know everything is correct.
NEVER change the information on a time card:
- When you notice an error on an employee’s time card, never change any of the information.
- Only use the reject option when you catch a discrepancy.
It is illegal to change the time on an employee’s time card without their knowledge. If you alter a time card, the time card system will not alert us about the change.
To reject time cards:
If you see a discrepancy in an employee’s time card data, you must reject the time card.
- Log into the portal and view the time card in question
- Click the Reject button beneath the time card
- After clicking Reject, you will see a pop-up screen that requires you to explain your reasons for rejecting the time card. Please provide us with as much detail here as possible.
Employees will not see what you write when you reject a time card. That information is only visible to our payroll department. We need it in order to help the employee submit a corrected time card.
What happens when you reject a time card:
- Our payroll department receives your feedback
- The employee receives an email notifying them that their time card has been rejected
- We contact the employee to let them know why the time card has been rejected and explain how to resubmit the time card with the corrected hours.
- The employee submits a corrected time card and you receive a new email notification asking you to log into the portal and approve it